This is event has passed, but sign up here for upcoming events… http://www.meetup.com/HolisticTouch/
Holistic Touch is happy to be holding a new series of events that focus on specific areas of Health and Holistic Wellness. As part of the Delta Holistics network (www.deltaholistics.com), Holistic Touch is committed to creating events that give you an opportunity to learn and grow toward better balance in your life.
April 10, 2012: Shiatsu Massage Workshop
In this 3-hour workshop event, we’ll learn some basic Shiatsu techniques of massage, how to locate and free energy blockages in the body, and promote relaxation. You don’t need to be an expert or a professional to benefit from better massage skills. The techniques to be covered are basic finger/palm pressing, trigger point work, kneading, rubbing, tapping, stretching, and rotational ROM (range of motion) techniques.
Shiatsu brings about a sense of relaxation while stimulating blood and lymphatic flow. The benefits may include muscle pain relief and a strengthening of the body’s resistance to disease. It is an excellent way to cope with daily stress, increase the range of motion in joints and muscles, as well as increasing the flow of Chi (energy). No oils or creams are necessary.
We will start a 30 minute demonstration of techniques, followed by an optional mediation/grounding exercise for 15 minutes. The remaining time will be devoted to hands-on practice with a partner (giving and receiving) with coaching available from our instructor. If you just want to watch, that is okay too.
Please bring a yoga mat or favorite large pillow along with a personal towel. Wear loose fitted cotton clothing. Please advise the instructor and massage partner of any injuries, surgeries, illnesses or disease where massage could be contraindicated. When in doubt ask the instructor.
Thanks to Amy Jackson for providing expert Massage Instruction!
Amy is certified through IDEA Health & Fitness Association to teach group exercise classes. She started bodywork as a personal fitness trainer with college studies in psychology, anatomy, physiology, and biology. She is a California state licensed massage therapist with 500+ hours training from Just For Your Health Massage School & Clinic. Her specialty includes Thai Yoga massage, essential oils applications, Hot Stone therapy, and deep tissue work with a focus on sports massage and rehabilitation.
The event is from 7:30-10:30
7:30 – 8:00 Welcome, Mingle, Holistic PotLuck
8:00 – 8:30 Demonstration of Shiatsu techniques
8:30 – 8:45 Grounding Meditation
8:45 – 10:00 Connect with Partner and Practice Massage
10:00 -10:30 Cool-down, Final Questions, Mingle, PotLuck
* Demonstration is a 30-minute presentation from this event’s expert (CMT, Yogi, Tantrika, Energy Worker, Dakini, Daka, etc.)
* Guided Grounding Meditation helps you connect with your own internal Energy System.
* Spend an 1 – 1.5 hours connecting and exchanging massage with your partner(s): decide who gives and receives, with agreement you can swap partners or keep the same partner during the event. Event experts will be on-hand for coaching, answer questions, demonstrate technique on your partner or address concerns.
* Before and after the exercises is a chance to mingle and meet the other people who share your similar interests. We will have a “Holistic Potluck” (I’ll provide Tea Juice & Water, you bring a light snack) available throughout the evening to aid in keeping your Energy balanced and flowing.
Things to bring (if you have them):
* Yoga Mat, Large Pillow, Personal Towel or Blanket
* Favorite Cushion
* Any Massage Table, Mat, etc. that you think makes for a perfect massage
* Bring some yummy, holistic item to share in the potluck!
During this event, you will be working with a Massage Partner. Who will that partner be? You can sign up as a duo (i.e. come with a partner), or sign up as solo and find a partner at the event. Finding a partner is your responsibility, but is not typically a problem.
– Sign up as solo: $15 in advance, $20 at the door
– Sign up as duo: $20 in advance, $30 at the door
RSVP and Cost
To cover the cost of hosting this event (including venue, Holistic Beverages (Tea and Juice), expert CMT instruction and guidance, etc.) We’re asking for a donation of $15 for solos or $20 for duos. I prefer that you use PayPal to send me the money when you RSVP because it gives us a better confidence in the head-count and allows better planning. However, we will accept cash at the door, if that works better for you. In that case, please indicate in your RSVP that you will be paying at the door (and NOTE: At the Door, the price is $20 for solos, $30 for duos).
Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 7:30PM – 10:00PM Sign up here… http://www.meetup.com/HolisticTouch/events/56357902/
In any case, please be understanding and respectful of the efforts we’re making, and help us out by making your intentions known!. For all of you who have unfailingly already been doing this all-along: Many, many thanks!
(aka Dr. Paul)